[Contest] Green Circle

It looks still possible to loop by CODING-> (DAILY_ROUTINE or something) ->TRAINING, starting with one card in deck. Is this acceptable?

My naive idea to prevent loop is to prohibit using the same card twice in a turn by pooling used card until the end of a turn, like the famous game Dominion (card game) - Wikipedia

4 Likes

Indeed. When you look at the original game rules, this is what they do. I missed it :frowning:
Iā€™ll see how we can do it without breaking all the input/output (maybe add a PLAYED_CARDS like the HAND input)

2 Likes

Replay here

On the last frame, Iā€™m picking a random move from the (filtered) list of possible moves given by the referee, but Iā€™m getting disqualified because the move is not possible. However the summary suggests it is possible, as I do have a CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION CARD in hand.

Standard Output Stream:

TASK_PRIORITIZATION 5 1

Game Summary:

Bob can play a card/perform an action
Bob has in hand: TECHNICAL_DEBT (9), TECHNICAL_DEBT (9), CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION (5), BONUS (8), BONUS (8), ARCHITECTURE_STUDY (4), TASK_PRIORITIZATION (3), CODE_REVIEW (6)
Bob provided incorrect input. you do not have a card of type CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION to deprioritize
Bob was disqualified.

@Bob2 this is fixed in the PR supplied higher up in the Thread:

1 Like

So I should not be getting the issue right now, or has that PR not been deployed yet?

Not deployed yet. They are looking to fix multiple issues in the same update afaik.

1 Like

What are the adjacent desks of desk 0?
[-1 0 1] or [7 0 1]

0 and 7 are adjacent
-1 is not adjacent to anything

2 Likes

The fix describedby @KawattaTaido is available in this branch if anyone wants to review or test it: https://github.com/societe-generale/GreenCircle/tree/PlayedCardsPool

The cards played are put in a ā€œplayed cards poolā€
They are displayed in the discard pile tooltip
When you discard your hand at the end of your turn, they are moved to the discard pile
This adds a new cards location in the inputs : PLAYED_CARDS (so that people can still deduce the number of available cards in each draw pile)

5 Likes

Hi, is there a visual feedback for buff like permanent_daily_routine and permanent_architecture_study?

What do you mean by the cumulative effect daily routine (do you draw 2 cards from zone 2 steps away or 1 card/2steps or 2cards/1step)?

thanks for the challenge

the visual feedback is in your player meeple tooltip.
When you cumulate 2 daily routine, after your move you can take one card from 2 steps away. So it allows you to do a MOVE 1 3 (you move to coding and take one task prioritization card)
Please note that you will not get a coding card (it replaces the card you would usually take)

Capture
Hello everyOne :slight_smile:

I have an exeption that Iā€™m dont understand, maybe I didnot well understood the rules :frowning:

When i launch a play TASK_PRIORITIZATION on the card NĀ°5, I systematically get an exeption wich tells me that I dont have any card nĀ°5ā€¦ but if you look in my hand youā€™ll see that i HAVE the ā€œmissingā€ card, and if you look the list in the debug console (a simple printing off all possibles moves which are proposed to me), youā€™ll see that iā€™m just asking a task which is supposed to be possibleā€¦

we could think that it is due to the fact that the replacing card is identical to the card to replace, but in fact i have the same problem with cards (5, 2) or (5, 3) for exampleā€¦

Could someone have some ideas about that ?

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a bug that is already fixed on the source code. Weā€™re fixing another bug and then weā€™ll be able to deploy the fix and the issue will disappear.
Sorry for the inconveniance

2 Likes

thank you :wink:

Nice, itā€™s a great news for me !

thank you very much for your work ! :wink:

Iā€™ve updated the challenge with the changes @_SG_Sebastien pushed. Thank you Seb @Illedan and all players who helped
Enjoy your weekend!

4 Likes

No more infinite loop: the played cards are put aside. They only arrive in the discard pile at the end of the turn. You can have the information on the discard pile tooltip and in the input (new card location PLAYED_CARDS)
New Applications tooltip on the top red desk
Tooltips on each draw pile to know how many cards are left
And the fix on TASK_PRIORITIZATION using a CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION card

6 Likes

There is an error when I output ā€œRELEASE xxā€ that says there are not enough cards even if I have enough cards.

1 Like

Thought I was having this issue, but forgot that you canā€™t release the 5th app using debt

When can we expect fix for the training (not sure about coding) not allowing another play_card?
(another pending issue mentioned by Siman, that admin-desk throw only steals a single bonus card is less important - as being beneficial)

1 Like