[Contest] Green Circle

Oh I forgot those :frowning:
Do you have a replay for the training bug? I wasn’t able to find the root cause yet.
I’ll fix the admin desk bug, but we will wait to have the 2 fixes (and CG green light) before releasing the fixes

Indeed, I fixed it in the source code, but it is not yet deployed.

Expect the unexpected - seeed recovery a thing here?

Well , in fact , I couldn’t enter it. :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

It seems it was reported here: [Contest] Green Circle - #10 by ValGrowth

Hi everyone!
Is there a var from where we can check the remaining cards on each desk?

2 Likes

I believe there is a viewer bug where bonus cards in your hand are sometimes invisible. In this replay, on turn 38 I use TRAINING and draw two cards. One of them is a TECHNICAL_DEBT and one is a BONUS. But the BONUS card is invisible so it looks like after the TRAINING I only have 3 cards in my hand, when really I have 4. I’ve seen this invisible-BONUS bug several times now.

(Turn 38 of this game also demonstrates the bug where after TRAINING I can’t play another card even though I should be able to).

This may be just a viewer bug. The TRAINING bug (not allowing to play another card sometimes) has been reported above and happens even when you have visible cards in hand that should be playable.

Another example replay where this happens (TRAINING works correctly on turns 70, 92 and 116, but skips to RELEASE on turn 101): Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

1 Like

With skill DAILY_ROUTINE active, you can stay on your current location or move outside the valid range of (0…7) by using the MOVE <zoneId> <cardTypeToTake> action.
In GreenCircle/CommandManager.java at bedd6971947fbb435f3b088d66edcb6ca62ea6eb · societe-generale/GreenCircle · GitHub zoneToMoveId and zoneToTakeCardId must be validated correctly.

3 Likes

It is not in your inputs. You have it in the tooltips in the viewer.
For your bot to have the information, you need to compute it (there are 5 cards per desk so it is 5-cards for the opponent - cards for you in hand, draw, discard and played_cards)

1 Like

Hello, thanks for this unexpected contest.
I don’t know if it has already been reported, but there seems to be a bug :
https://www.codingame.com/replay/642761774

At the end i should have given 2 bonus cards (as the log says) but i only gave one.

wala must move
wala has in hand: TECHNICAL_DEBT (9), BONUS (8), BONUS (8), BONUS (8)
wala stopped for administrative tasks and must throw 2 competence cards
wala threw away a BONUS (8)
wala threw away a BONUS (8)
wala has moved to CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION (5) desk
wala took a CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION (5)

Yes, it was already reported. I fixed it, but I’m trying to fix other bugs before releasing it.

1 Like

ok thanks.

Thank you for the bug report.
I just fixed it. I’m waiting to have the right cards in hand before releasing it :wink:

1 Like

Hello.

I 4 bonus in my automated and had 2 CODE_REVIEWS in my hand and I played one CODE_REVIEW.
I released an application requiring 4 Reviews and 4 Tradings then I got unexpected 2 tech debt.
Turn 51 in this replay.

Thanks

@Soboku:
Code Review: The team gets 2 BONUS skill cards from the board and puts them in their discard pile.

So the cards are added to your discard pile and are not available for RELEASE this turn.

@_SG_Sebastien
Would it be possible to add:
Application ID + requirements on this tooltip

Done in source code.

This unexpected tech debts happen on other cards.
This is another example.
I played CONTINUOUS_INTEGRATION 8 in turn 50. Then I have 4 bonuses in automated.
In turn 51, I released an app requiring 4 Trainings and 4 Reviews. At that turn, I have 1 CodeReview in my hand 1 Training in played card and 4 bonus in automated. However, I got 1 tech debt.

Played cards are similar to cards in your discard pile: you played it this turn and it is waiting for the end of turn to go back to your discard. It cannot be used to release an application since you already used it for something else this turn.
So in fact, you had 4 bonus automated => used to get the 4 training
and 1 review & 1 bonus in your hand => used to get 3 review
and you get one debt because you are missing one review

Is that clearer?

Yes clear. Thanks for the explanation.