I’m not new programmer but I only know the basics. I stuck because I don’t know which path I should go. I’m looking for good advice on what to do next. I’m only on this site and do puzzle or clash of code. I’m thinking about my own project but which library choose to 2D game? Is a game good idea of first project? Do you have other idea to develop?
I am definitely not authoritative in this field, but anyhow: here is a rough development plan for you. Adapt it as you like:
- solve 30 easy solo puzzles on CG
- solve 20 medium puzzles on CG
- read ‘Programming Principles and Practice Using C++’ by Bjarne Stroustrup
- solve 10 hard puzzles on CG
- make bots for 3 existing multis, reach at least Silver League
- make v1.0 of your pet project
- don’t focus too much on external library - use core language and standard libraries as much as possible
- read ‘The C++ Programming Language’ by Bjarne Stroustrup
- extend your focus to gaming-specific stuff: books, libraries, etc. (sorry, I don’t have insight into these)
- rewrite / expand your pet project
Thanks for your replies! I’m reading " The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup.
How did you start your adventure with C ++ programming?