Misleading HTML in the SDK skeleton

The skeleton game provided as an SDK starter has some very misleading HTML near the end:

<div class="statement-story" style="min-height: 300px; position: relative">

To the best of my observation, that style attribute is neither observed nor transcribed in the resulting page.

So:

1. could the skeleton be fixed, and/or
  2. how can I make that story section less tall?
1 Like

I reported it.

Hello. The style attribute IS correctly transcribed. I just tested using the skeleton and switching min-height to 30px, and it displays as expected.

Can you provide an example that does not work for you?

Thanks

EDIT: maybe the issue comes from the fact that the following CSS exists on the platform for the “statement-story” class used in the skeleton.
I can see how this could be considered misleading and will make amends.

1 Like

Botters of the Galaxy has the story section working in the IDE:

It’s in the background story here.

Source statement_en.html:
source

Rendered result as far as I can inspect it:
result

I’m not going to paste the entire computed style rules, but just going to point out the min-height does not appear in the inline style section, and the rule that applies is the 300px one from some of the more global stylesheets.

I have removed the 300px from the style sheet so you should no longer have a problem.

(I’m assuming the reason your new min-height did not appear is because the value “min-content” was not accepted by our HTML validator).

Much better, thanks!

Well… it seemed like the most natural way to try and counter that specific bit of global CSS without resorting to more dirty stuff. :man_shrugging:

Here we go again.

HTML as presented by the statement previewer in the game runner:

As shown in IDE:

html-2-pre-submit

This time we’re not even in inline CSS, it appears to be stripping my tags away altogether.

HTML is by far what’s taking me the longest in this game :cry: :sob:

PS: I’m now linking to here from the statement so people can get a readable version. Doesn’t remove the problem, but I may update the top picture every now and then.

A lot of the tags don’t work from what i can remember. And some have some different predefined style, not the default one.

I’m growing more and more weary of having to go through the entire package/build/deploy process to verify what should be trivial text fixes don’t break the entire presentation. They’re advertised as HTML templates FFS!

The absence of styling facilities is also starting to reveal itself as a nuisance.

I’m closer and closer by the day to just generating my sections as hand-drawn PNGs. At least I’d know what’s displayed on the other end.

:weary:

I’ll look into fixing these problems asap

1 Like

For now I have allowed more elements in our HTML sanitizer. This should solve most problems. An update for the statement preview page will come next.

1 Like

Do I need to reupload?

Yes. Please report any problems.

Reuploaded. Much better, thanks!