I’m currently working on a chrome app to sync a file with the Codingame IDE.This way, I can work with my favorite IDE through file sharing.
For the benefit of everyone, I would like to have some feedback / expectations.
Here is what is already in the application:
- You should know that it will install 2 things : A Chrome Application that allows access to the file system of the user and a Chrome Plugin that interacts with the DOM (including the Codingame IDE)
- After that, the application can be started from the Setting panel (and can be launched automatically each time you start a new puzzle)
- Then, you will be prompted to select a file to sync.(The application automatically reloads the last file used)
- It will be possible to download the Codingame code before synchronizing (For example, when you start a new puzzle)
- The CG editor will switch to read only, to avoid higgledy-piggledy changes.
- The application will be in a window in order to be notified (success/error/warning), but I can still go into a background mode (no user control over the application).
- Thanks to @Neumann idea, for multi puzzles, you will be able to save your code every time you push into the arena.(Challenge_submitAt_XXXX.txt)
- @Nonofr Idea : Windows Mode VS Background Mode (Windowless) ? :
- @Tryum Idea : Two way data binding (Synchronization in both way [IDE <-> File], consumes more resources) ?
- Mutli-file Sharing (Grunt-like) (Not available for There is no spoon !) ? :
- Let possible to use the CG editor (and take the risk of losing data) -> Disable Read-Only ? :
- New features ? :
Thank you for your feedback.