[SOLVED] Hunger Games pass tests but not validators

Hello,

The title says it all, I pass all test on easy puzzle Hunger Games but I don’t pass the last validator ( the 6th ) and I really don’t know why, I wrote again my solution twice, made some backwards and I’ve got the same result … anybody had the same problem and pass it ?

Thanks !

it seems you didn’t respect this rule when one adventurer killed several:

All information is expected to be in alphabetical order

I’m surprised though that it isn’t tested by any IDE test. Perhaps we need to update the puzzle.
I can give you the validator if needed.

1 Like

Ok found the problem, sorry !

You was kinda right, I didn’t respect entirely the rule, I did the sorting when inserting killed person but forgot to do a sort each time I add new killed person. This way it passed the test 6 ( Alphabetize Victims ) where it’s indeed mandatory. So the tests are good, i’m just a dumbass :smiley:

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

For anyone who maybe have the same problem, don’t sort the victims by alphabetical order when inserting them but when parsing them :wink:

Hey guys,

I still don’t understande why is not passing the 6th validator. Can anyone give an example?

Your algorithm has the same issue. Did you read this thread before posting?

Problem in Validator 6, please info of validators, or data test for testing.

Thank

I figured it out. I am not very good at dictionaries, so i went for straight string manipulation. Found my problem, I lower cased key words, and these key words were apparently names. So be careful of that.