Spring Challenge 2020 - Bugs & Questions

The parsing of the commands is done first and the orders are parsed from left to right. As soon as you do an invalid order (twice order the same pac), we stop reading more orders and your player is deactivated. However, your first valid commands are accepted and will be played.

We hesitated between that or cancelling all the orders for the current turn. We decided that it would not make a big difference anyway and decided not to change it.

1 Like

I think the challenge is broken, my pacs prefers to fight beetween themselves instead of… Oh wait… Maybe I just suck at this game!!

1 Like

In your example, Code.ama, your pacs have the SPEED enabled, however you order your pacs to move a cell at a distance of 1. They do not move during the SPEED turn because they already reached their target.

1 Like

Oh! Thank you for pointing that out!
My understanding was that the SPEEDed player had two round to play in a row…

I have to re-plan something in my code then :slight_smile:

Thank you, cheers!

https://www.codingame.com/replay/460424599 From turn 30 Paper is unable to eat the rock… Please fix…

1 Like

the blue paper is stopping the red paper

1 Like

Can anyone tell me why all of my players suddenly die? This happens in a lot of the simulations. It looks to me like there is no way that my players should all of the sudden be gone. Is there a way for them to commit suicide that I don’t know about?

My video window does not showing anything it’s only a black screen. Some people suggest to press F5, ctrl+shift+r . But didn’t worked for me. what to do.

“Pac 0 doesn’t exist”: you try to move a pac which has died.

Thanks. I was just figuring that out. The error messages through me. Thanks.

1 Like

Quelqu’un sais à quel heure ouvre la ligue argent ?

(00:36:09) #fr <Mimignot> Quelqu’un sais à quel heure ouvre la ligue argent ?
(00:36:14) #fr <b0n5a1> 18h00

2 Likes

Bug : The number of pellets in the input doesn’t correspond to the number of line received :
seed=-5267678287861790700
Against the default IA
I tried this code :

visible_pellet_count = int(input())
    log("Number of line %d" % visible_pellet_count)

for i in range(visible_pellet_count):
        x, y, value = [int(j) for j in input().split()]
        log("Line n° %d" % (i + 1))

But the result is :

('Number of line 50',)
    ('0 11 1',)
    ('Line n° 1',)
    ('30 11 1',)
    ('Line n° 2',)
    ('3 6 1',)
    ('Line n° 3',)
    ('3 4 1',)
    ('Line n° 4',)
    ('3 3 1',)
    ('Line n° 5',)
    ('23 12 1',)
    ('Line n° 45',)
    ('23 13 1',)
    ('Line n° 46',)
    ('23 14 1',)
    ('Line n° 47',)
    ('23 15 1',)
    ('Line n° 48',)
    ('3 5 10',)
    ('Line n° 49',)

My program is waiting for one more input, and timed out.
This is weird because when I don’t give instructions to my IA, there is no problem.
I don’t read stdin somewhere else in my program.

Before my reading function, there is 49.92244318127632ms left.

It’s not a bug but an unfortunate side effect of how printing in python works - you do actually get all the data but your last print statement gets buffered and doesn’t send the output before timing out.

See: Spring Challenge 2020 - Bugs & Questions

3 Likes

But why can blue paper block red paper when blue rock is between?

Shouldn’t it be, first the blue pacs block each other, then red paper takes blue rock?

Collisions happen first, then we resolve the deaths. This is explained in the rules.

Noted. It is counter-intuitive.

It would be very nice to tweak player to clearly distinguish which part of turn is playing now - first common or second for speedy pacs. It’s absolutely unclear when all pacs are under speed bonus.
Some tick or label, one for all picture.

Thank you for your great work anyway.

3 Likes

Thank you to all players who took time to answer the questions of other players.

And sorry for all the performance issues during the first day of the challenge.

• Unsafe mode for C# was fixed.
  • C template does timeout sometimes. It hasn’t been fixed yet.

Changes done in Silver league:

• max length for a game is now 200 turns, and not 200 frames
  • dead pacs are given in input with the type “DEAD”

We’ve not found a solution to prevent properly the surge of games with the opening of the new league. However, we’ll promote less persons per second and there will be fewer matches in Silver until all promotions are done

2 Likes

Can you publish the referee patch on GitHub please?