Spring Challenge 2022 - Bugs & questions

Rules say that Heroes attack monsters in range and produce mana for each hit.
But in referee mana gain happens after whole update cycle, so newly produced mana available only for the next turn.
In my opinion either rules or referee should be corrected

Currently I am facing one issue, images not loading at all. Can you please help me here

Probably but the code is compiled and launched only 1 time ^^ i bet here our ā€œtimeā€ used by our script is shared between 1000ā€™s of user on same server compiling all in same time (around 20 000+ user, so 20 000 compilations).
I canā€™t even use 2 List in C# because it s more than 50msā€¦ i even had to remove the Math.Sqrt for distance & etcā€¦ itā€™s Pig Coding, at the end it look like Code made by people who didnā€™t got their degree at universityā€¦

Well this challenge finnaly disgust me for good i think, we canā€™t even do technical stuff & other , the only thing who work is to go and put shield & pushā€¦ Apparently same in gold lol, there is one who go push with 2 ppl but the other guy donā€™t move ā€¦ i guess the code to make him move spend too much timeā€¦

Donā€™t compare real IA code launched 1 time on 1 machine with this where our script is re-compiled among 20 000 others, i bet 80% of the ā€œtimeā€ is the server who have problems with multiple compilationā€¦

Well i finish 250th in Silver League , but itā€™s just ā€œluckā€ to go better like Gold. I looked them itā€™s same scriptsā€¦ Just their match had a different Seedā€¦

All of this because of this stupid useless 50msā€¦

That seems weird. :thinking: Are you properly reading all the input and outputting only your heroes commands?

There are plenty of people using non-compiled languages like JavaScript, Python or even Ruby just fine.

Heck, 2 of the current top 3 players use JS :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can you play red outside of the arena. It seems my spells are targeted in the wrong corner when I play red in the arean. So I want to test it.

In Python I have this code to determen the cordinates of the opponents base

base_x, base_y = [int(i) for i in input().split()]

opp_base_x = abs(base_x - 17630)

opp_base_y = abs(base_x - 9000)
----
print(f"SPELL CONTROL {target.id} {opp_base_x} {opp_base_y} {target.id}")

Anyone can help?

You delete both players and then you can choose your opponent and whether you are red or not in the PLAYERS tab to the left of the PLAY MY CODE and other buttons.

1 Like

Thank you!

So can I use code from referee in my solution - like the Vector class and the way you calc new speed for monsters?

Yes, you can do so.

1 Like

I think this is an incorrect physicsā€¦ If thereā€™s a wall and the wind blows under non-90 degree angle to that wall, the object should slide alongside the wall in the direction of wind, not be just stuck.

So is it just me, or is testing in the arena running slow for anyone else? I know its takes time to compare code, but its been over 4 hours since I last submitted my code and only 86% of the battles are completed. I donā€™t remember it taking that long in previous challenges.

Not just you , itā€™s the same here .

for i in range(2):
        # health: Each player's base health
        # mana: Ignore in the first league; Spend ten mana to cast a spell
        ghealth, mana = [int(j) for j in input().split()]
        if i == 0 :
            my_mana = mana
            my_health = ghealth
        else :
            opp_mana = mana
            opp_health = ghealth

Last night there were almost 1000 bots that had recently been submitted and their scores were being calculated. Way more than usual in this challenge, so it makes sense that battles were extremely slow.
Although I do agree that in the last two AI challenges it wasnā€™t this bad on the last day.

2 Likes

@Valdemar is right, I just forgot I had to wait one turn because the controlled heroā€™s action is overriden.

1 Like

Just a quick one - is there a way to get the most recent code I wrote for the challenge? Since it has finished I canā€™t find a way to get it.

2 Likes

Activities > Compete > Contests > S2022 - View Report :wink:

The code will also be available in the IDE when the game is released

2 Likes

The challenge has ended, but I still have some ideas I want to try. Will it be possible to upload new code and test it against other players in the arena with ranking?

You can, when the challenge is relaunched in the bot programming section, expected to be within this week. It will be a bot programming ranking instead of a contest ranking.

2 Likes

I remeber there was a disussion a few yers ago that it would be nice to release contest game to bot programming as son as possible. The main idea was that some players are still full of ideas to improve their bots just now, but after couple of days the enthusiasm is disappearing and they even may left CG until next contest. This is exactly true for me in most cases unfortunatly.
So a gentle request from me - could you hurry up the relaunching process a little if it possible.
Thank you very much for perfect contest anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like