Stream: let's write a community puzzle!

I’m bored.

I’m very bored.

I’m so bored I might actually lure myself into streaming something again. If my ISP permits, lalala. And if there’s any actual interest, naturally.

I was thinking about building a(n easy) community puzzle from the ground up, would there be any interest in that? My reasonable timeslot would be Saturday at 2100 CEST (that’s GMT+2) (until the 28th), but a more reCursive time of 1400 or so could be tolerable.

I’ve got a few topic ideas hanging in my queue, but I’d rather use one of yours here. Like, put the community back in community puzzle :smiley:

Any puzzle ideas? Other thoughts? Trolls and memes? Unix username I ought to use this time?

11 Likes

Sure, let me discover that weird part of CG that I don’t know :smiley:

I’ve been through my draft queue, and… nothing’s really an easy problem in there.

So an easy idea would be urgently needed. Or else we’ll just postpone, no biggie.

Write the UI to an existing one like Breakout or CodinDice.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I already got one for Breakout (it’s been needed at some time for puzzle moderation purposes)

But I can’t think of a proper way to shoehorn it in the I/O puzzle interface.

26th Jan, 23:43
Ok, here’s for some self-motivation.

My rig seems to be in a tolerable-enough state. So barring real bad stuff, I’ll be streaming a community puzzle creation or two tomorrow evening.

Somewhere around 9pm CET.

Unless someone chimes up with a better idea (please do), it’s going to be a simple divide-and-conquer with dynamic programming extensibility.

27 Jan 21:00:00.0000
And we’re live. https://www.twitch.tv/cg_jbm

27 Jan 22:43
And we’re done. Thanks for attending. The resulting puzzle is up for your moderation.

Apologies for forgetting to set up the stub generator live (it’s now fixed).

I’ll post a YT of the video once I get it trimmed, but I suppose it’s available somewhere on Twitch in the meantime.

Admin EDIT: here for now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370850902
JBM edit: I put it down, use the trimmed one (link below) now.

1 Like

It’s all edited, trimmed and cleaned.

I already got one for Breakout (it’s been needed at some time for puzzle moderation purposes)

Your Breakout puzzle visualization came in quite handy for me - I used it to cross-check with the text-only debug log of my code. So thanks!

1 Like