We are building a new chat!
Today we are proud to publish a prototype for our home-made chat client, integrated to CodinGame.
Why we are doing it
- The current chat is a web IRC client. To stay polite, let’s say it doesn’t fit with the look and feel of the platform. Besides, we have no control over it and thus cannot repair it if it breaks, nor improve it
- Building our own chat will allow us to integrate it more within the platform, and integrate cool new features
- The new chat is now linked with your CodinGamer account, so it can display (for now) avatars and provide efficient private messages
- We want a chat that can evolve into a nice communication tool, while keeping features such as allowing CodinGamers to connect from an external client
What is coming (besides winter)
The new chat that is released today is only a prototype. Basically, it implements the features of the former chat client. We’re working on adding cool features for you to easily be able to:
- Exchange on a specific language
- Chat with your friends
- Invite people to Clash of Code
- Do many more stuff…
Stay tuned for next updates