Groovy gets timeouts in every clash now

Since this or last week I am not able to run Groovy in Clash of Code anymore. It always runs into timeouts, even with just the default implementation. I don’t add anything.
This does not only happen when I click on “play” within the clash, but also after the submission of my code. Always 0% finished.
Running Python works perfectly fine for me.

I am guessing on a server problem in regards to Groovy. Is this known?

cheers

3 Likes

I had the same problem.
it keeps running timeout even in Onboarding tutorial!

We’ll fix it asap

2 Likes

In the Spring 2021 competition, when testing, I often get time out. On submit, it seem to occurs even more (14 timeout on 15 play)
I guess it’s generalised.

I generally have to use CompileStatic to keep Groovy from timing out.

And how do we do that? I did try to put “@CompileStatic” in front of my class definition, but without any succes yet :frowning:

(Then, i found this post, so i stopped trying and assumed it was related to the platform)

This works for me:

import groovy.transform.CompileStatic;
import java.io.IOException;
@CompileStatic
class Answer {public static void main(final String[]a) throws IOException, InterruptedException {

java code

}

2 Likes

It does wonder! … I only need a way better bot now :smiley:

Thanks you

still no real solution. tried first time since about 2 month, unfortunately it is still broken :frowning:

Groovy should be working now. Sorry for the delay :frowning:

We would like some help regarding Groovy, as we miss some expertise internally. We’re using https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.codehaus.groovy/groovy-all/3.0.8 for Groovy, which pulls every possible dependency. Would some of you know what’s the minimal list of jars we need for our use on CodinGame?

I think (at least) these are optional:
xml, testing, test-unit, test, swing, sql, servlet, jsr, jmx, docgenerator, ant

unless your groovy environment needs them, e.g. ant is a tool to compile and build, which is most likely not needed by your backend but only you are sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure that it works everywhere …

i tried in golf temperature
no problem in IDE
100% failed when submit

(probably the same problem in chuck norris golf)

2 Likes

clash of code works fine for me now. thank you!

I was wrong. It works while clashing, but after my submit I get 0% done (althought it was working perfectly before)

2 Likes

I met the same issue with Scala: tests are running incredibly slow. Maybe it’s JVM related problem. But unlike Groovy, Scala tests are at least passing on submit. I had really hard experience with Groovy, optimizing every single line on easy problems, just to make it pass 100%. And still, it sometimes takes 5-10 re-submits of the same code to get it done. And this is with CompileStatic option, as @Westicles suggested. Without it, they are just all red.

1 Like

Thank you!

We’ll fix the Groovy submits as soon as possible.

Hi to all :slight_smile: !
I’d like to thanks @java_coffee_cup for his reply to @TwoSteps a few days ago (Groovy gets timeouts in every clash now - #11 by java_coffee_cup),
because with your help, and all the @CGTeam who worked around …
→ now both my tests in IDE and Validated submissions works in Groovy language :+1: !
Thanks to everyone involved in resolving the environment issues.
=> Have now too fun again with Groovy coding :wink: … Thanks !

Hi @demmatze, @dwarfie and maybe @Saarjuk : did you try again this weekend with Groovy submissions ?
→ As i said a few minutes ago : now Groovy works for me both in IDE and validators :hugs: !
Isn’t it too for you ?

Indeed, it has been fixed on Friday!

1 Like