We are thinking about a way to strengthen your user profile.
There are two main reasons why we would like to improve it:
- First of all, we want to create a better and most understandable profile that you would be proud to share with whomever you want. We also want to highlight your great achievements.
- Secondly, we would like the profile to be easier to understand for non-tech people, specially recruiters.
Here are some thoughts:
#The profile side:
There are several metrics we can showcase in your profile: Which ones would make sense for you?
- display you language expertise based on the number (and difficulty) of puzzles you have solved with this language.
- display wider metrics such as “Social” (based on your interaction with the forum, the chat, etc), “Competitive” (based on your rank, contest), or “Skill name” (based on puzzle you solved like pathfinding, basics, decrypting…)
- Add a data section you could fill : github projects, linkedin, etc
Is there any other information you would like to add to your profile?
We are thinking about a way to help those of you looking for new opportunities to connect with tech companies. Here is the idea of model:
- when you reach a certain level (like level 10 maybe), you unlock a new page.
- on this page you can fill additional information and add some conditions to be contacted.
- the conditions we are thinking about are: minimum salary to be contacted (you can setup an extremely high salary if you don’t want to be contacted), location of the job you want, how much do you like your actual job (this one is not visible by recruiters. It will just allow us to sort the list of potential candidates. Those willing to change because they are not happy at work will be displayed first to maximize their chances to find a better job).
- if your conditions match with a recruiter offer, they can connect with you.
Of course, we would love to have your feedback on this. What do you think of such a model? Would you like it? What kind of conditions are important for you?