Hi everyone and thank you for your feedback about Solutions.
I would like to share with you the reason why we launched this feature.
Why we did that
In fact, this is not a bug, it's intentional but we agree that there's some problems dues to achievements and Coding Points.
Our main goal is to allow everyone to become a better programmer while having fun. By releasing Solutions, we were hoping that everyone could learn new languages in a new and a more fun way :
1. Solve a puzzle in your favorite language (algorithm part)
2. View solution in a language you want to learn to understand the syntax
3. Try to use this language on a puzzle without looking at the solution. But if you feel stuck, refer to the solution
We believe that it is more fun than reading an entire academic book when you want to learn a new language and this is why we would like to keep the possibility to look at every language solution when you have solved a puzzle.
What we should change
However, we agree that this new feature leads to some cheating possibilities with regards to the achievements linked to languages.
We see 3 potential fixes :
- keep it as it (not the best, considering your feedback )
- remove coding points linked to language achievements
- modify language achievements : the language counter increases only if this is the first time you solve the puzzle and it can also increase when submitting Clash of Code puzzles at 100%.
(i.e. If you have solved Power of Thor in Java and then in Python, it will only increase the counter of the Java achievement. If you do 3 clashes in Python, it will increase by 3 the counter of Python achievement).
We would love to hear from you about these fixes.
About the share option, this is a very first step to have a lot of solutions really quickly. We will of course update it as soon as possible to choose more precisely what solution you want to share.
What do you think about all of this ?