eater
when
water
where
wertera

-> water

@Ceeb

1 Like

Is it me or the puzzle makes no sense :confused: ?
for the manual test : “value better then size”, my code returns “would” the puzzle is expecting “tween”
how come when “a letter can not be used twice” “twEEn” has two e :confused:
also score of tween is 8 , and score of would is 9 so even when ignoring the previous condition the word with highest score should be would. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes:

This is the test you’re referring to:
Last line of input “etiewrn” corresponds to the given letters:

• there are 2 ‘e’ so you “tween” works
  • there is no ‘o’ ‘u’, ‘l’ or ‘d’ so “would” doesn’t work

The tests case all are green. When I submit I get 87% failing the first test case. I checked my code several times and read over and over the rules, can’t find what’s wrong. Can I know the data of the validator for case #1? Or an hint on what can be wrong?

Never mind, mistyped a word on the dictionary that handle points, “i” twice instead of “i” “l” ( lower case L )

1 Like

The test cases didn’t detect that I did not assign a point value to n but it looks like the last two validations needed it.

1 Like

Loved it :slight_smile:

I’m sure its a simple error, but I am completely stumped why it will not pass the “Words with Different Values” test after submitting. All test cases pass. Im sure there is something im overlooking in the point calculation portion, but its all so simple and straight-forward that I cant see where it could possibly going wrong.

Python3 Code

Use the test case provided by BlaiseEbuth above. It fails for your code.

Also, you shouldn’t post your complete code, even if it doesn’t pass all tests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oof, my apologies. I’ll avoid that moving forward.

Thanks for your help.

Yup. That fixed it. Thank you.

Hello,

I don’t know if it’s the right place to report a bug but I solved this puzzle with C language and all validators passed, but with the test cases, for the test case 6, “Cannot use letter twice”, I printed the correct word but the test case went red and told me that it received “Nothing” and was waiting for nothing.

As I said, I think it’s just a bug because all other test cases and all validator cases passed.

I hope I have helped.

There was an additional space in the test :thinking:
Fixed! Thank you :slight_smile:

Good, now I understand the logic of the game.

to flaviodesousa:
In the example the list was ihaeiwo, so no letters were repeating.

I can either solve test cases by 100% or pass validation by 100%. But I can not do both with the same code. I either fail the “Cannot use letter twice” from the test cases. Or the “Large dictionary 2” from the validators.
Is there any way to get access the validator test cases?

:thinking: Did you use different codes for solving test cases 100% and for solving validators 100%?

Yes. The validator tests went 100% when the last test case still failed. It failed cause I didn’t checked for duplicate entries in my dictionary. Once I added that, the validator failed.

Language used is C#.

Why it is saying to me that my code incorrect and gave me 86% and says
your code have hardcoded values but I don’t have any, in the ide when I check everything correct, how to solve this problem

The typical system message is, “The following validators differ from the puzzle test cases to prevent hard coded solutions. This is why you can have some fails here even if all of the tests provided in the IDE have been successfully passed.”

Please read it again to confirm it is not saying you have hardcoded values. It just implies your solution generated incorrect values when checked against some undisclosed test cases, known as the validators.

I have always been not satisfied with the wordings in that message because it gives an incorrect impression of blaming the coder to have hardcoded.

What you can do is carefully rethink the assumptions you made, rule out any false assumptions which are created by you but untold by the statement.

Another approach is to create your custom test cases to cover every edge cases which may not be fully covered by the given test cases.

1 Like

All my tests work but when I submit my code the test “Many possibilities” does not work and I do not understand what can make it wrong ://

Coding in JS
Thank you !