Sopra Steria Coding Challenge

Do you like coding? AI programs have no secrets for you?

Sopra Steria and CodinGame are launching a 10-day multiplayer challenge for french coders (everyone is allowed to participate, but only french residents will be able to win prizes) starting January 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM (UTC+1) until January 31, 2021 11:59 PM (UTC+1).
Challenge your friends and see how you stack up against other players!

Register now: https://www.codingame.com/hackathon/sopra-steria-coding-challenge

The only rule: have fun!

5 Likes

Does that mean that only French users are allowed to participate? Or open to all but with a French-only statement?

Is it an original game or some variation of an existing one? If original, will it be open to everyone after the contest?

3 Likes

It’s a typical “semi-private” contest, meaning that we can’t prevent anyone from registering and competing. However, only french people are eligible to the prizes for this one.

As for the statement language, I don’t know if an english version will be available or not (probably yes).

The game will be a variation of an existing one, and it most likely won’t be available as a multi puzzle after the contest.

3 Likes

By participating in this contest, I accept the following rules

Well… cannot understand single sentence there :slight_smile:

Btw How do I create contest like this? My students would love it (some of them)

How much money are you ready to spend for those students ?

The rules can also be found here : https://www.codingame.com/rules
You just have to sell your soul, the rest is pretty standard :upside_down_face:

Just my time I think :slight_smile: not sure where this discussion might lead. Or you are talking about prizes?

That was not a joke, this kind of event are organized by CG for a fee. Don’t forget Codingame is a business, not just a cool site. ^^

1 Like

Getting off topic here.
There’s an old answer from Thibaud: Organizing Local Contests
For further questions please consider creating a new thread or message Thibaud directly.

Back to topic:
Did anyone read the contest rules? It’s announced as a multiplayer game but in Article 5 it describes scoring that’s to be expected for a puzzle contest.

1 Like

Rules are generic for all events so it can be a bit misleading. The game is indeed a variation of an existing multiplayer AI game and won’t be released after the event.

@VizGhar more information about the events we organize for companies: https://www.codingame.com/work/offers/retain/
For schools, I can set up private arenas of existing games. DM me if you’re interested.

Just registered !

1 Like

Access to the CodinGame Contests is prohibited for the following people:

• Officers and employees of CodinGame or any affiliate (it controls, which controls it or under common control with it), as well as their family members (ascendants and descendants);
  • Anyone who has worked or is working on developing the CodinGame Contests, as well as their family members (direct ascendants and descendants).

I didn’t know that by making an official cg contest, I gave up on the opportunity to win prizes. :frowning:

I’m pretty sure you should understand : “Anyone who has worked or is working on developing this CodinGame Contest”

Do we know if there will be a rerun ?

Start of the challenge today! Good luck !

Apparently, it’s a no.

No rerun at the end, sorry.

Do we have the referee somewhere? I am having a hard time understand how the ghosts flee away.
In the example below, I would have expected the ghost to go up maybe a bit towards the left. Instead he goes back in a pack of 3 ghost busters…

EDIT: it would seem that the ghost gets away from the closest buster (to be confirmed), but I was mislead by the rule:

If a buster is closer than 2200 from a ghost, and this ghost is not being busted, the ghost will move away from the mean position of the near busters.

EDIT 2: What seems to work for me is to simulate the ghost as if it flees the closest buster in range. If there are multiple busters at the same minimum distance, it flees their barycenter.

Some Squid leaked the referee for the multiplayer game here.
Obviously not the same as for the contest but should give you an idea.

1 Like

@TwoSteps - few minutes after submission no matches finishes ->

1 Like